Charles M. Fisher
Charles’ practice focuses on commercial litigation, including a wide variety of civil lawsuits in state and federal courts. He has extensive experience litigating matters including insurance, bad faith, fraud, consumer fraud act violations, professional malpractice, and employment matters. He has also represented local and national clients in matters involving claims for breach of contract and negligence. He has resolved cases before judges, juries, and administrative bodies.
With regard to his insurance practice, Charles has represented insurers in complex coverage disputes involving claims of breach of contract, bad faith, and consumer fraud act violations. He has also defended insurance producers in professional malpractice claims. With regard to his employment practice, Charles has litigated claims of harassment, retaliation, gender, age, race, and disability discrimination. Charles also advises clients regarding employment contracts, restrictive covenants, and employee benefits.
Charles is a former Assistant Prosecutor with the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office, where he specialized in the prosecution of white-collar and economic crimes, and successfully tried more than a dozen jury trials to verdict (100% conviction rate).
At Syracuse University College of Law, Charles was an associate editor of the Syracuse Law Review and received multiple awards for academic achievement. Upon graduation, he served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Warren J. Brody, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
Representative Matters of Note
- Obtained a no cause verdict following a jury trial on claims of negligence and professional malpractice against an insurance producer.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing coverage lawsuit against insurer, including claims of bad faith and consumer fraud.
- Obtained reversal by the New Jersey Appellate Division of summary judgment allowing client to proceed with defamation claims.
- Obtained dismissal of litigation alleging personal injury as a result of work-place accident.
- Successfully represented a Fortune 500 company and its employees against claims of harassment, hostile work environment, retaliation, and race discrimination.
- Successfully defended a national distributor against claims of trademark infringement in both New Jersey and Minnesota state and federal courts.
- Represented national school bus contractors on bid protest, including successful appeal before the New Jersey Appellate Division.
Windels Marx Lane & Mittendorf, LLP, Madison, New Jersey
Partner, January 2004 to March 2018
Associate, January 2001 to December 2003
Jamieson Moore Peskin & Spicer, Princeton, New Jersey
Associate, August 1998 to December 2000
Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office, Trenton, New Jersey
Assistant Prosecutor, August 1995 to August 1998
New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division, Springfield, New Jersey
Law Clerk to the Honorable Warren Brody, P.J.A.D., August 1993 to August 1994
Syracuse University College of Law
J.D., magna cum laude, 1993
University of Rhode Island
B.S., accounting, 1990
State of New Jersey
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey